Communication Consent & Wireless Policy
In this document the words “we”, “us”, “our” refer to Wilshire Consumer Credit (“Wilshire”) and any of its affiliates, agents, service providers or assignees. The words “you” and “your” mean you, the individual identified on the loan or credit application or request for financing options that you have submitted to Wilshire and any of its affiliates (the “Request”).
Authorization And Consent
You agree that as part of any account administration (if you successfully obtain a loan from us) and otherwise in conjunction with the services you have requested, we, our agents, affiliates, employees, attorneys, third party collectors, subsequent creditors, or loan servicing companies may: (a) monitor and record telephone calls to assure the quality of our service or for other reasons; (b) contact you through the use of email, telephone calls and/or SMS text messages to your mobile, home or work phone numbers, as well as any other phone number you have provided in connection with your account and/or application, including through the use of automated methods such as automatic telephone dialing systems, autodialers, or artificial or prerecorded messages (each a “Communication”) as necessary to service your account, including, but not limited to, to notify you regarding your account, collect any amounts you owe, resolve customer disputes, and as otherwise necessary to service your account with us; (c) include your personal information in a Communication as permitted by law; and (d) always communicate with you in an manner permissible by law that does not require your prior consent. Some of these Communications may result in charges to you from your third party service providers. You understand that consent to account related text messages and emails is not a condition of obtaining credit or other services from us. You may withdraw your consent from account-related text messages and emails at any time by replying “STOP” at any time to any account-related text received from us, by emailing us at [email protected], or by calling 800-589-0290.
By providing your mobile phone number(s) and/or email address to us, you have provided Wilshire consent to send you account-related text and email messages.
- “Account text” means any Short Message Service (“SMS”) communication or text message from us to you pertaining to your account, including, but not limited to, payment information or account information.
- By entering a mobile phone number(s) you certify that (a) you are the individual identified on the Request, or (b) have the permission of the individual who is the customary subscriber or user of the phone number(s). The account texts we send may be seen by anyone with access to your phone, or by the customary subscriber or user of the phone number(s) you provide. You should safeguard the confidentiality of your phone.
- How to Opt-Out
- Text/SMS Messages: You may withdraw your consent to receive account texts by replying “STOP” at any time to any account text received from us. You may also withdraw your consent to receive account texts by emailing us at [email protected], , or by calling our Customer Service Center at 800-589-0290.We will not impose any fee to process the withdrawal of your consent to receive account texts. Any withdrawal of your consent to receive account texts will be effective only after we have a reasonable period of time to process your withdrawal.
- Emails: You may withdraw your consent to receive account emails by emailing us at [email protected], or by calling our Customer Service Center at 800-589-0290.
- How to Update Your Records: It is your responsibility to provide us with a true, accurate and complete mobile number(s) and/or email address, and to maintain and update promptly any changes in this information. Please notify us immediately if you change mobile number(s) and/or email address, or plan to provide your phone to another person. You can update your mobile number(s) by calling our Customer Service Center at 800-589-0290.
- Hardware and Software Requirements. In order to access, view, and retain account texts that we make available to you, you must have:
- an SMS-capable mobile phone;
- an active mobile phone account with a communication service provider; and
- sufficient storage capacity on your mobile phone.
- Charges: There is no service fee for receiving account texts from us, but you are responsible for any and all charges, including, but not limited to, fees associated with text messaging imposed by your wireless service provider. Your wireless service provider’s message and data rates may apply to our confirmation text and all subsequent texts. Please consult your wireless service provider’s pricing plan to determine the charges for sending and receiving texts. These charges will appear on your phone bill from your wireless service provider. Message frequency depends on account status and settings.
- Other Important Terms: Additionally, you agree that we may send any account texts through your wireless service provider in order to deliver them to you and that your wireless services provider is acting as your agent in this capacity. Additionally, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold us harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, liability, cost and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising from your provision of a mobile phone number(s) that is not your own or your violation of any applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance. Your obligations under this paragraph shall survive termination of this agreement.
- Account texts are provided for your convenience only. Receipt of each account text may be delayed or impacted by factor(s) pertaining to your wireless service provider(s). We will not be liable for losses or damages arising from any disclosure of account information to third parties, non-delivery, delayed delivery, misdirected delivery or mishandling of, or inaccurate content in, the account texts sent by us.
- Changes in Terms and Conditions: We may modify or terminate account text services from time to time, with or without notice, without liability to you, any other user or a third party. We reserve the right to modify this Policy from time to time. Please review this Policy from time to time so that you are timely notified of any changes.